1. I confirm that I have never knowingly submitted an entrance portfolio under my name (to an animation program or school) containing artwork, paintings, or drawings that I have not created.
2. Students who fail to attend classes whether in-person OR online, will not receive a refund for the classes they have missed or for the tuition fee they have paid. Should a student decide to withdraw from the program at any point tuition will not be refunded.
3. Students are not entitled to a make-up class at a later session except under extenuating circumstances. Please note APW Tuition fees: (Stripe & PayPal fees may apply)
2021/2022 Session – Credit Card/Paypal $5,150.00 (includes HST and Fee) & Etransfer $4,950.00 (includes HST)
2021/2022 Fall/Winter Session – Credit Card/Paypal $5,150.00 (includes HST and Fee) & Etransfer $4,950.00 (includes HST)
2021 Summer/Winter Intensive – Credit Card/Paypal $10,300.00 (includes HST and Fee) & Etransfer $10,000.00 (includes HST)
Boot Camp (March Break or Summer) – Credit Card/Paypal $600.00 (includes HST and Fee) & Etransfer $575.00 (includes HST)
APW Drawing 2021/2022 – Credit Card/Paypal $5,150.00 (includes HST and Fee) & Etransfer $4,950.00 (includes HST)
1. The Animation Portfolio Workshop (APW) consists of 38 six-hour classes. 38 three hour Life Drawing classes and 38 three hour Drawing For Animation classes taught by APW trained instructors. APW consists of two components: 1) A series of drawing exercises designed to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for students to assemble a portfolio for application to secondary level visual art programs. 2) Consultation designed to assist the student in the selection of drawings for a portfolio for application to secondary level visual art programs. Schedules for all classes
are on the APW website.
2. APW teachers, teachers in training, teaching assistants and APW Support Team Members are all hereafter referred to as ‘agents’.
3. Completion of the APW Program in whole or in part in no way guarantees acceptance into any post-secondary animation, illustration, visual art programs or other courses whatsoever.
4. APW, Vincent Peets and /or Gerard Sternik will not refund tuition for classes a student does not attend.
5. After the first class, any student who registers for a session of classes is considered a late registration student. All late registration students pay the full course fee.
6. If any scheduled classes are cancelled by APW, Vince Peets or Gerard Sternik for any reason the appropriate number of make-up classes will be provided. Each individual student bears complete responsibility for their attendance of scheduled classes.
7. APW, Vincent Peets or Gerard Sternik and their agents will not be held liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or loss of life however caused, to persons or their vehicles or property of any kind while in the buildings or on the grounds or parking lots where APW, Vince Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents are facilitating any and all services. The student will indemnify and save harmless APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents against any claim(s) by any persons on the property where APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents are facilitating any and all services.
8. Students of APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents agree to abide by all rules and regulations while on the property where APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents are providing any and all services. APW, Vince Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents have a zero-tolerance for the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, ammunition and fireworks while on the property where APW, Vince Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents are providing any and all services. Violations of the regulations may result in immediate eviction and/or police intervention.
9. APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents reserve the right to eject any objectionable persons from the premises and upon the exercise of this right by APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents or by police officers all persons waive any rights and all claims for damages. If, in the sole opinion of APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik and their agents any persons feature behaviours or exhibitions or anything else which is obscene, licentious, immoral or illegal, then APW, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik may terminate this agreement. In such a case APW, Vincent Peets and/or Gerard Sternik will retain all fees and amounts paid by the student and/or remove from the premises all persons invited by the student. The student will have no further claim in respect thereof.
10. In case any provision in this contract and release shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
11. APW, Vincent Peets and/or Gerard Sternik reserve the right to terminate this contract with any student who fails to comply with the terms of this agreement.
12. APW is committed to providing a learning environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
13. Harassment and/or discrimination as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code
will not be tolerated. APW Instructors, Teaching Assistants, APW Support Team members and APW students are expected to uphold this policy, and will be held accountable by APW.
14. Occasionally, outside of class time, an APW instructor may accompany APW students to a location off-site (such as a park for example) where students may draw in their sketchbooks outside. As these sketching excursions are not mandatory, Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents will not be actively supervising the students during these times. I understand that Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents assume no responsibility for the student’s safety while participating in such occasional voluntary sketching excursions.
1. I understand that Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents do not undertake a duty to provide on-site medical treatment to students.
2. If in the opinion of Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents, a medical emergency arises, Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents will: (1) attempt to contact the parents or legal guardians of the student; and (2) if, in the reasonable judgment of Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents, the student’s condition warrants it, arrange to transport the student to an appropriate medical facility for treatment.
If Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents are made aware of a student who is showing signs of illness such as but not limited to high fever, cough, runny nose, rash or flu symptoms, the student will be asked to leave or to make arrangements for someone to pick them up. They must remove themselves from the classroom and wait for their ride in an area away from all of our students and staff and all other building users. A make-up class or refund will NOT be provided in this scenario. They can only return to class after they are completely clear of symptoms or in the case of COVID19 after the required 14 days of self-quarantine and proof of negative test results.
3. To that end, we authorize Animation Portfolio Workshop, Vincent Peets, Gerard Sternik or their agents to consent on our behalf to medical treatment for the signee by a licensed physician, nurse, paramedic or hospital staff member. I understand that if I have any allergies, diseases, handicaps, disabilities or restrictions that these will be clearly communicated upon confirmation of registration.
TO: Animation Portfolio Workshop ("APW")
RE: Enrolment of * (the “Student”) in Online and In-person Classes Delivered by APW
WHEREAS the Student has applied to APW and has agreed to enter into this Confidentiality Agreement as an integral part of their application in recognition of they/them/their fiduciary obligations to APW;
NOW THEREFORE THIS CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT WITNESSES that in consideration of other good and valuable consideration including the acceptance by APW of the Student’s application and the continued enrolment of the Student in online or in-person classes delivered by APW, and the tuition, (the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged by the Student), the Student does hereby acknowledge the following to APW and does hereby covenant and agree with APW as follows:
NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
1. The Student does hereby expressly acknowledge that in the course of their enrolment in the online and in-person courses delivered by APW, they will acquire access and knowledge of many of APW's trade secrets as they may, from time to time, exist and that they will obtain various confidential information as to APW's business and does finally acknowledge that the said trade secrets and confidential information are valuable, special and unique assets of APW's business and are the sole and exclusive property of APW. The Student acknowledges that they have a fiduciary obligation to APW with respect to such trade secrets and confidential information and that they will not use, disclose, communicate or divulge the same, other than in the course of their participation in the online or in-person classes, without the prior written authorization of the principals of APW. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such confidential information shall include any and all live online or in-person classroom sessions, prerecorded video material, prerecorded audio material, images of any type or written material of any type at any time posted on the APW website, APW social media platforms or forming part of the APW Online Program, all such material being subject to copyright in favour of APW and is the sole and exclusive property of Vince Peets and Gerard Sternik. Student does hereby covenant and agree that they will not, throughout the term of their enrolment in the online or in-person education program established by APW and for any period thereafter, in whole or in part, disclose any of APW's trade secrets or confidential information to any person, firm, corporation, association or other entity for any reason or purpose whatsoever, nor shall they make use of any such property for their own purposes or for the benefit of any person, firm, corporation or other entity except APW under any circumstances whatsoever.
2. Each covenant and provision contained in this Agreement shall be treated as separate, distinct and severable covenants from each other and from all other provisions of this agreement and the invalidity or illegality or unenforceability in whole or in part of any one or more of the said covenants or provisions shall not render the remaining covenants or provisions or any of them invalid, illegal or unenforceable. If any of the prohibited activities or time periods specified herein are considered by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unreasonable, the undersigned agrees that such court shall have authority to limit such prohibited activities or time periods to such prohibited activities or time periods as the court deems proper in the circumstances and the undersigned hereby agrees to execute and deliver to APW an agreement amended in accordance with the findings of such court.
3. Student expressly acknowledges that they have entered into the covenants contained in Section 1 hereof in recognition of the fiduciary obligations incumbent upon them as a student enrolled in the online or in-person education program established by APW and for valuable consideration and does hereby further expressly acknowledge that the covenants contained in Section 1 hereof shall be binding on them notwithstanding any dispute whatsoever that may arise over the termination of their enrolment in the online or in-person education program established by APW.
REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO APW
4. Student expressly acknowledges that all restrictions in this Agreement are reasonable and valid, and all defences to the strict enforcement thereof by APW are hereby waived by Student.
8. Student further expressly acknowledges that any breach by Student of the covenants contained herein shall constitute sufficient grounds for immediate dismissal of the Student from the online or in-person education program established by APW and that APW shall have the absolute right to retain any tuition prepaid by the Student for its own use absolutely without any obligation to refund or to account to the Student for any portion thereof.
9. Student further expressly acknowledges that damages may not be an adequate remedy to compensate or APW for any breach by Student of the covenants contained herein and does hereby expressly acknowledge that in addition to any and all other remedies available, APW shall be entitled to obtain injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction to enforce the noncompetition covenants contained in this Agreement.
I/We agree to be a 'subscriber' to APW's mailing list so that I can receive any emails regarding events, offerings or news relating to the educational function of APW.
By clicking the button above, the Student/parent is legally demonstrating that they agree with all of the above contained in this Confidentiality Agreement to APW as an integral part of the Student’s application for enrolment in the online or in-person education programs of APW as of January 2020 and indefinitely.