Looking for a hands-on action-packed 3 hours of drawing for your high school art class? Book an online APW Field Trip that is designed specifically for your classroom during Covid-19. For more information please contact [email protected]m
Our virtual online studio, instructors, video and photo reference of a clothed model, and an action packed 3 hour APW session.
A group of high school art students with graphite and paper ready for an online art workout.
Animation Portfolio Workshop welcomes online drawing field trips from public and private schools.
The three-hour class – with breaks – begins with a brief orientation and intro to what we do at the Animation Portfolio Workshop. Then it’s on to the session in our virtual studio – APW provides instructors, photo and video reference of a clothed life model. The session is conducted in three segments:
- SEGMENT ONE – Drawing exercises using video reference of a clothed model. This hands-on segment introduces students to the gesture drawing exercise taught in our many workshop classes.
- SEGMENT TWO – A workout in the basics of animation character-drawing. Exercises taken from the APW curriculum cover a fun intro to character construction and posing.
- SEGMENT THREE – A brief presentation of student portfolios and a discussion about entry requirements for post-secondary art programs. Finally, a Q & A period for visiting students.
The APW Field Trip Experience FAQ
Field Trip Requirements
- A maximum allowance of 30 visiting students per class
- Students must have the items on our supply list: drawing pads, clips, graphite etc.
- Teacher from the visiting school must be present throughout the duration of the online class
- Longer, in depth, customized sessions can be arranged and designed for schools by APW upon request. Email APW for further information. [email protected]
- No photographs of visitors will be taken by APW or its employees for promotional purposes without prior consent.