A large studio, an instructor, a clothed model, drawing boards, drawing horses and an action packed 3 hour APW session.
A group of high school art students ready for a workout, transport to and from our location.
Animation Portfolio Workshop welcomes drawing field trips from public and private schools.
The three-hour class – with breaks – begins with a brief orientation and intro to what we do at the Animation Portfolio Workshop. Then it’s on to the session – APW provides an instructor, drawing benches, drawing boards, and a clothed life model. The class is conducted in three segments:
- SEGMENT ONE – Drawing exercises using a live, clothed model. This hands-on segment introduces students to some of the initial work taught in our many workshop classes.
- SEGMENT TWO – A workout in the basics of animation character-drawing. Exercises taken from the APW curriculum cover a fun intro to character construction and posing.
- SEGMENT THREE – A brief presentation of student portfolios, and a question-and-answer period for visiting students.
The Field Trip Experience FAQ
The Field Trip Requirements
- A maximum allowance of 30 visiting students per class
- Students must bring the supplies requested on our checklist: drawing pads, clips, graphite etc.
- Teacher from the visiting school must be present throughout the duration of the class
- Transportation to and from APW is the responsibility of the visiting school.
- Longer, in depth, customized sessions can be arranged and designed for schools by APW upon request. Email APW for further information. [email protected]
- No photographs of visitors will be taken by APW or its employees for promotional purposes without individual written consent.